Father’s Day is right around the corner, and at Brightview Senior Living, we know that the best gifts usually aren’t the most expensive ones. Your loved ones value time together more than anything, so we have a few ideas for low-cost gifts that your father – or grandfather, uncle, or friend – will love.
- Plan a homecooked dinner date – work with your dad to plan a menu, go shopping for the ingredients, and cook together. Then, sit back to enjoy the fruits of your labor and good conversation.
- Help your father with a house project – has your dad wanted to build a new bookshelf or reorganize the basement for some time? Set aside an afternoon to help him finish the project, and treat him to his favorite take-out once you’re finished.
- Go for a neighborhood cruise – first, wash, vacuum, and wax your father’s car. Once the vehicle is shining, take a drive with no set destination in mind, or cruise around an area that’s special to your father. Finally, stop for ice cream or a special treat before returning home!
- Make a scrapbook of pictures of your dad’s childhood – root around in your parent’s attic or basement for old photos and mementos of your dad. Ask him about the people in the pictures and his memories during those times while you are assembling the scrapbook. Not only will your dad appreciate an organized album of his photos, but you will also treasure the afternoon spent learning more about your dad’s life.
- Plan a game night – bring over a new puzzle or board game for a night of competitive fun. Or, host your dad and a few of his friends for a men’s poker night.
Brightview Senior Living builds, owns, and operates award-winning vibrant senior living communities in eight states along the East Coast: Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia. We offer senior Independent Living, Assisted Living, Enhanced Care, and Wellspring Village®, a specialized neighborhood for people living with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Schedule a personal visit to experience our communities firsthand.