Helping you understand your options with our complimentary online senior living needs assessment
In generations past, the only residential care option for aging adults was a nursing home, otherwise known as a skilled nursing facility. However, these facilities are typically for aging adults who have more serious or extreme medical needs that require ongoing attention. Today, many aging adults don’t need the level of care associated with that of a nursing home. In recent years, a new option has emerged – the senior living community. These communities offer homelike environments that cater to both healthy aging adults, and those that need some assistance. A senior living community not only offers a safe and comfortable place to live, but it provides an all-encompassing lifestyle where residents can also connect and socialize with others. In addition, communities may come equipped with amenities, such as a cafe, pub, theater, fitness center, library, beauty salon, community store, and much more. As you explore different senior living communities, you’ll find a number of options, and our complimentary senior living needs assessment can help you better understand which are the best options for you and your family.Complete our Complimentary Online Assessment
Here are three common options offered to seniors, often within the same community:
Active adults who need relief from yard work, snow shoveling, home maintenance, or house cleaning may consider an independent living community. These communities offer a newfound freedom of maintenance-free living combined with the added convenience of everyday amenities. They have full-service teams of associates who handle and maintain interior and exterior maintenance, on-site transportation, housekeeping, laundry service, and security. A dining plan is typically included, and apartments also have full kitchens in case you like to cook for yourself. And, if you later find that you need some assistance, you are able to access those services without having to move from the community.
Assisted living is designed for the senior who wants to live in a private apartment but may need a helping hand with certain daily living activities, such as taking medications, dressing, or bathing. Since each resident’s needs are unique, tailored assistance is offered to encourage and empower the resident to live as independently as possible. Additional services include maintenance, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, and three meals a day.
Dementia care communities provide services to those seniors with forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease, or other memory impairments. These communities offer apartments specifically designed to make a resident feel like they never left home. Around-the-clock supportive services reinforce dignified living by providing a secure and safe “village” environment, and common areas encourage social interaction that foster a sense of belonging for the resident. Fun, intellectually stimulating on-site activities include music, art, cooking, gardening, exercise, and more. Many communities also extend support and hold educational programs aimed to help family members understand the impact of memory loss.
Learn more about senior living and find out which options are the best fit for you or your family.
- Answer questions about your situation and be better prepared in about 4 minutes.
- Clarify needs and preferences so you can make the choice that is right for you.
- You'll receive a personalized Senior Living Fit Report you can use to start conversations and plan for the future.
About Brightview Senior Living
In 1999, Brightview Senior Living was founded to provide seniors a vibrant place to live. Today, Brightview owns and operates more than 40 communities from Virginia to Massachusetts and is supported by over 4,000 associates. Creating vibrant communities by providing excellent service is Brightview’s mission. Residents live in an environment of possibilities, independence and choice where they can receive the support they need to make the most of each day. Brightview Senior Living offers unmatched care and dedication to providing a fulfilling experience for its residents.
What SEPARATES brightview senior living from the rest?
- The “Flourishing at Brightview” program – before residents move in, Brightview associates take the time to learn each resident’s likes, dislikes, careers, past and present hobbies, and aspirations to ensure they receive the most of what Brightview offers. New residents are introduced to current residents with similar interests, and invitations to meals and other activities make it easier to make friends quickly.
- Brightview’s approach to care is centered on Possibilities, Independence, and Choice. Residents who require a helping hand are encouraged to maintain their independence and choice in their activities of daily living. We believe that each person, no matter how old or frail, has the possibility to grow and experience joy every day.
- To ensure the highest quality living experience for residents and their families, residents and associates complete an annual, confidential satisfaction survey, and action plans are developed by the company to address feedback.
- Brightview’s activities are based on a philosophy that incorporates all dimensions of wellness: Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, Cultural and Emotional (SPICE). With activities like guest speakers, trips to the theater, and friendly games of poker, Brightview residents remain engaged. Brightview and our partner Bayada also offer the SPICE in Motion program, an exercise class which has been statistically proven to increase the health and well-being of residents. Residents experience increased mobility, faster recovery from surgeries, and significantly lower re-hospitalization rates.
- Brightview builds and operates Brightview Senior Living communities, which means that from the initial design of the building through daily operations, everything is centered on creating an exceptional experience for our residents