As you explore different senior living options and communities, you'll find many options. Independent Living vs. Assisted Living is a common question during the exploration process, so we provided a little more detail to help you.
senior Independent Living
Active seniors who need relief from yard work, snow shoveling, home maintenance, or house cleaning may consider a senior independent living community. These communities offer newfound freedom of maintenance-free living combined with the added convenience of everyday amenities. They have full-service teams of associates who can handle and maintain interior and exterior maintenance, on-site transportation, housekeeping, laundry service, and security. A dining plan is typically included, and apartments also have full kitchens in case you like to cook for yourself and want to host family. And, if you later find that you need some assistance, you can access those services without having to move from the community.
Brightview Senior Living is an excellent value compared to the cost of maintaining your own home, especially combined with all the services we offer, such as scheduled transportation, dining, daily activities, and staffing.
All the activities they plan here at Brightview are wonderful. I’ve never been so busy and made so many friends.Joseph, Brightview Great Falls
senior Assisted Living
Assisted Living is designed for the senior who wants to live in a private apartment but may need a helping hand with specific daily activities, such as taking medications, dressing, or bathing. Since each resident's needs are unique, tailored assistance is offered to encourage and empower the resident to live as independently as possible. Additional services include maintenance, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, and three meals a day. And, of course, our Vibrant Living Director is here to help you have fun!
Originally, my mother did not want to move. So I can't help but notice that every time I visit, she has a smile on her face. She has made great friends and is doing so much more than if she had stayed at home aloneshannon w., Brightview Resident's Family Member
senior independent living and assisted living Costs
- No Large Entrance Fee: One simple, all-inclusive Monthly Fee with an initial community fee (varies by Brightview Community) is comparable to what area seniors currently pay to occupy and maintain their homes each month.
- You Control 100% of Your Assets: Month-to-month rental structure means no long-term financial commitments. Your assets remain liquid to spend as you wish – invest, travel, give as gifts, and so much more.
- Very Flexible Contracts: You typically need to give a 30-day notice to move out for any reason if you're an Assisted Living or Personal Care resident. Independent Living residents usually need only provide 60-days notice after their first year of residency, some communities may only require 30-days.
- No-Strings Access to Upgraded Service & Care: When needs change, independent living residents can move to our assisted living.
- No Invasive Financial Acceptance Process: Because they are not investing large Entrance Fees, Brightview applicants need not be subjected to CCRC-level financial scrutiny.
- No Medical Acceptance Process: Couples with different needs can continue living together in our independent senior living neighborhood while utilizing private duty services.