Luxury Senior Living Coming soon to howard county - Welcome Center now open
Brightview Columbia is our newest luxurious retirement community in Maryland, and our first in Howard County. Our Columbia senior living community will feature 170 senior Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care monthly-rental apartments with no large entrance fee.
Embracing the past as a foundation for the future, Brightview Columbia is designed after the unique, historic Georgian style of Athol Manor. With Brightview constantly “evolving our standards of community amenities,” unique opportunities to showcase vibrant living are created, as explained by Vice President of Development, Maria Miller. Examples of such amenities that will be implemented at Brightview Columbia are layered movie theater seating, ample courtyard space influenced by our Mind and Music program for Columbia assisted living and dementia care residents, and gymnasiums for our SPICE in Motion initiatives which encourage residents to engage in routine physical activity.
In an effort to give back to the Columbia community, Brightview Senior Living is restoring Athol Manor and improving the adjacent Manor Park. Athol Manor which experienced aging will be renovated while still preserving its historical features and serve as a gift to the Community Foundation of Howard County. In addition, Manor Park, walking distance from Brightview Columbia, will feature new park amenities and improvements.
- Welcome Center Now Open and Community Opens to Residents Fall, 2021
- Types of Living and Apartments: 91 Independent Living, 53 Assisted Living, and 26 Memory Care
- Three Fireplaces, Pub, Billiards, Shuffleboard, Layered Movie Theater, Library & Computer Room, Card Room, Sewing Room
- Dining Rooms, Cafe, Juice Bar, Private Dining
- Beauty Salon, Fitness Room, and Art Studio
- Outdoor gardens, courtyard, bocce ball